Telemetry2U IoT Platform Documentation
5.2 - Downloading Audit Reports
The Audits Page is accessible to all users from the main menu. Please note however; unless the user has been assigned the Audit Admin permission in the User Access section, they will not be able to create or edit any Audit Reports, only download them.
To download an Audit Report, first select the report you require from the Audit Name list. Set your Audit Report period by entering your Start Date and End Date, then hit the Load button. Your report will be downloaded automatically in a PDF format.
If you would like to see a sample Audit Report, please log into our Guest Account and visit the Audits page from the main menu.
5.3 - Automatically Emailing Audit Reports with a scheduled Job
Once you have created an Audit report(s), it is possible to configure them to be emailed automatically at any time you choose. Before starting, ensure you've at least have done the following;
- You have Audit Admin access roll checked in your user configuration. This must be done by you company administrator. You can read more about this in section 6.2.3 - Configure Us er Access
- Created the audit report(s) that you would like to email automatically. You can read more about creating audit reports in Section 5.4 - Creating and Editing Audit Reports
- Created a notification group and have at least one user configured to receive emails. You can read more about this in Section 6.2.4 - Notification Groups. It’s normally best to create a special notification group designed specifically for audit reports to give some more flexibility and keep them separate from email notifications.
Firstly, navigate to Admin >> Scheduled Jobs. If you have previously created other scheduled jobs, you’ll see them all listed here – you may edit or delete them by clicking on the Edit or Delete link on the right of the page.
To create a new scheduled job, click the Create New link in the top left corner. You’ll be taken directly to a new page where you must enter the following details.
- Description / Email Subject: This will be used to identify the job.
- Email Notification Group: You will be able to select from the list of notification groups you have created.
- Item to Run: You must select the audit report you would like to email automatically. You should see a list of all the audit reports you have created.
- Run Frequency: Pick a frequency anywhere from daily to annually.
- Run On: Pick a day of the week the report should be sent.
- Run at Time: Pick the time of day the email should be sent.
Click the Create button when complete. The Audit report will be sent on the next cycle.
You can disable the scheduled job at any time by clicking on the enabled checkbox.
5.4 - Digitally Signing an Audit Report (eSignature)
Once you've downloaded an audit report (as described in section 5.2, it is possible to digitally sign (eSignature) the PDF file to save having to print and physically sign the document it before potentially scanning it in order to store it digitally.
A digital or electronic signature is a coded message and securely associates a signer with a document in a recorded transaction. The accepted standard format is referred to as a Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and it provides the highest level of security and universal acceptance. They are a specific signature technology implementation of electronic signature (eSignature). Telemetry2U handles eSignatures in accordance with the FDA's 21CFR Part 11.
The Digital Signatures section if found at the bottom of any audit report. There are two fields.
- Checked by: Generally the person responsible for validating the audit report.
- Approved by: The person responsible for verifying the report.
In order to apply an eSignature to the appropriate fields, the user will first need to download the audit report to their local folders and re-open the report in a PDF application like Adobe Acrobat Reader since digital signatures can’t be applied from most web browsers.
Once the PDF version is open in Adobe Acrobat Reader, you should be able to click in the relevant signature box. When clicked, you’ll be given the option to either use an existing or create a new digital signature. Read more about Digital IDs on Adobe’s Website. Once a document has been digitally signed, it cannot be modified.
Adobe also makes it possible for a user to request a digital signature from another user.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is just one option to place an eSignature on a doccument, there are plenty of other options available that may be preferred.