Telemetry2U IoT Platform Documentation
5.1 - Creating or Editing Audit Reports
If the Audit Admin permission has been granted in the User Access section, users will have the ability to create new, and edit existing, Audit Reports by clicking on the Audit Reports button in the Admin section. These Audit reports will be made available to download in PDF format on Telemetry2U from the Audit link main menu. Audit Reports created by Audit Administrators will be available to download by all users linked to that company, but standard users will not be able to edit or delete any Audit Report.
Administrators should note there is no way to recover a deleted Audit Report.
Editing or creating an Audit Report is done on the same screen. You must first pick a node from the 'Add Node' drop down box. It is possible to add as many nodes as you like to a single Audit Report, and it is common to add the same node multiple times. Adding a node more than once is required to report on multiple inputs from that same node.
Once you have selected your nodes, you will need to choose which particular node inputs you want to include in your report.
You are also given the option to add upper and lower limits if required. These limits will be used on the Audit Report Charts to visually mark when the sensor input deviates outside those limits or range.
As an example: a sensor in a Fridge might be configured to 0.0 degrees(c) for the lower limit and 10.0 degrees(c) for the upper limit. Once again, you can add the same sensor input twice and apply different limits depending on your requirements. These limits are not connected to any alert conditions created on the alerts page so must be set here before they will appear on the downloaded audit report.
Setting the upper and lower limits on a sensor in an audit report(s) will also make the upper (red) and lower (blue) limit lines appear for the corresponding sensor(s) on the Charts page. The Charts page will use the lowest or the highest values set for a sensor from any audit report created, meaning you can have multiple audit reports for the same sensor without plotting multiple lines on the Charts.
If you would like to see a sample Audit Report, please log into our Guest Account and visit the Audits page.
Once an audit reports has been created and saved, it will be available for download by all users, however, only users with the Audit Admin role assigned under the user access controls will be able to modify an audit report. You can read more about this in Section 6.2.3 - Configure USer Access
The first three fields on the Audit rports configuration page allow you to set the report name(s) and time zone and must be completed vbefore the page can be saved.
- Site Name: This is unique and is found at the top of each report. Enter the job site or area where your sensor is installed.
- Report Name: This is unique and is found at the top of each report. Enter the name you wish to give to your report.
- Time Zone: Select the Time Zone appropriate for your location. This is used throughout the Audit Report.
The Check boxes under the Information to include section define what will be included on an audit report when it is downloaded or emailed.
- Include alert setup: This will print a list of the Alerts used for each node sensor you have selected as a key for ease of understanding.
- Include Email-Alerts: This will print a list of email alerts sent over the selected period, including the time and recipient.
- Include Charts: Include charts that show the upper and lower limits for individual sensor nodes over the selected period.
- Include Annotations: This will include any annotations left on the alerts entered on the reports page.
- Include Device Statistics:This will print the sensor input statistics, including the minimum, maximum and average readings over the selected period.
- Include SMS Alerts: This will print a list of SMS alerts sent over the selected period, including the time and recipient.
- Include Detailed Data: Will inlucde raw data for ann included nodes in a table at the bottom of the PDF report. This could make the PDF report large in size and it generally not recomended.
- Include CSV Extract: If an audit report in emailed out automatically, a CSV file containing the raw data will be included in the email.
- Include Excel Extract: If an audit report in emailed out automatically, a Excel file containing the raw data will be included in the email.
- Include Audit Events: The audit report will contain detaied event information on tasks performed by all users. The time, user, event type, and device details are included. This report complies with the standards defined by the FDA's 21CFR Part 11. The ammount of data here can also be large in size, so it's often a good idea to create a seperated audit report for this task.
- Include Signature Page: If this box is checked, a digital signature (eSignature) section will be added t o the end of the audit report. You can read more about how to use this with Adobe Acrobat Reader in section Section 5.2 - Digitally Signing an Audit Report. Once again, eSignatures are handled in accordance with the FDA's 21CFR Part 11.
Once you select a Nodes to include from the drop down box, it will appear below where you can configure the following.
- Input: Defines which sensor from the selected nodes will be included on the report.
- Lower Limit: This will draw a blue line on the bottom of each graph to represent the lower limit.
- Upper Limit: This will draw a red line on the top of each graph to represent the upper limit.
- Chart Number: This is used to set the order of the graphs on the report. Lower numbers are displayed first; (e.g. 1,2,3).
- Delete This button is used to delete a sensor input from a report.
5.2 - Downloading Audit Reports
The Audits Page is accessible to all users from the main menu. Please note however; unless the user has been assigned the Audit Admin permission in the User Access section, they will not be able to create or edit any Audit Reports, only download them.
To download an Audit Report, first select the report you require from the Audit Name list. Set your Audit Report period by entering your Start Date and End Date, then hit the Load button. Your report will be downloaded automatically in a PDF format.
If you would like to see a sample Audit Report, please log into our Guest Account and visit the Audits page from the main menu.
5.3 - Automatically Emailing Audit Reports with a scheduled Job
Once you have created an Audit report(s), it is possible to configure them to be emailed automatically at any time you choose. Before starting, ensure you've at least have done the following;
- You have Audit Admin access roll checked in your user configuration. This must be done by you company administrator. You can read more about this in section 6.2.3 - Configure Us er Access
- Created the audit report(s) that you would like to email automatically. You can read more about creating audit reports in Section 5.4 - Creating and Editing Audit Reports
- Created a notification group and have atleast one user configured to receive emails. You can read more about this in Section 6.2.4 - Notification Groups. It’s normally best to create a special notification group designed specifically for audit reports to give some more flexibility and keep them seperate from emai notifications.
Firstly, navigate to Admin >> Scheduled Jobs. If you have previously created other scheduled jobs, you’ll see them all listed here – you may edit or delete them by clicking on the Edit or Delete link on the right of the page.
To create a new scheduled job, click the Create New link in the top left corner. You’ll be taken directly to a new page where you must enter the following details.
- Description / Email Subject: This will be used to identify the job.
- Email Notification Group: You will be able to select from the list of notification groups you have created.
- Item to Run: You must select the audit report you would like to email automatically. You should see a list of all the audit reports you have created.
- Run Frequency: Pick a frequency anywhere from daily to annually.
- Run On: Pick a day of the week the report should be sent.
- Run at Time: Pick the time of day the email should be sent.
Click the Create button when complete. The Audit report will be sent on the next cycle.
You can disable the scheduled job at any time by clicking on the enabled checkbox.
5.4 - Digitally Signing an Audit Report (eSignature)
Once you've downloaded an audit report (as described in section 5.2, it is possible to digitally sign (eSignature) the PDF file to save having to print and physically sign the document it before potentially scanning it in order to store it digitally.
A digital or electronic signature is a coded message and securely associates a signer with a document in a recorded transaction. The accepted standard format is referred to as a Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and it provides the highest level of security and universal acceptance. They are a specific signature technology implementation of electronic signature (eSignature). Telemetry2U handles eSignatures in accordance with the FDA's 21CFR Part 11.
The Digital Signatures section if found at the bottom of any audit report. There are two fields.
- Checked by: Generally the person responsible for validating the audit report.
- Approved by: The person responsible for verifying the report.
In order to apply an eSignature to the appropriate fields, the user will first need to download the audit report to their local folders and re-open the report in a PDF application like Adobe Acrobat Reader since digital signatures can’t be applied from most web browsers.
Once the PDF version is open in Adobe Acrobat Reader, you should be able to click in the relevant signature box. When clicked, you’ll be given the option to either use an existing or create a new digital signature. Read more about Digital IDs on Adobe’s Website. Once a document has been digitally signed, it cannot be modified.
Adobe also makes it possible for a user to request a digital signature from another user.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is just one option to place an eSignature on a doccument, there are plenty of other options available that may be preferred.